Medication Therapy Management
Patton Pharmacy’s patient-centered medication therapy management services provide many benefits that will lead to your greater health and well-being. We will:
- Help you get the results you want from your medications
- Answer your questions about medications
- Provide you with a complete list of the medications you are taking
- Explain why you are taking these medications and how to take them
- Facilitate communication with your doctors
To deliver these services, your pharmacist will meet with you face-to-face, uninterrupted, in a private setting. Together you will discuss all your medications, including prescription, nonprescription, vitamins, herbal supplements, and nutritional products. The pharmacist will review all of these medications to ensure they are appropriate for you, effective for your medical condition, safe for you, and convenient for taking properly. He or she will also work with your doctors to make sure everything is done to meet your needs and improve your health.
When meeting with your pharmacist:
- You can expect your first appointment to take about 30-45 minutes to review all of your medications and health questions.
- Your follow-up appointment will likely take 15-30 minutes.
- Bring all your questions, concerns, and issues about your medications.
- Bring in all medications (prescription, nonprescription, herbal remedies, food supplements, vitamins).
- You will talk privately about your medications.
- The pharmacist will communicate with your doctors as necessary.
Patients who receive this service have positive medication experiences and good results: It can improve the clinical outcomes from your medications, prevent medication problems, save money, and make you feel better. In addition, doctors support the recommendations made by our pharmacists.
Patton Pharmacy’s medication therapy management services are available for a fee, or without a co-pay to participants in certain Medicare Part D plans. To make an appointment or learn more, call us at (814) 674-3693.