Simplify My Meds
Simplify My Meds is a program that synchronizes the refill dates of your prescriptions to improve medication compliance. When you enroll in this program, all of your prescriptions will be refilled on the same day each month, reducing the number of trips you’ll need to make to the pharmacy.
Participation is simple. First, make an appointment with one of our staff members to enroll. When your appointment day arrives, bring all of your prescriptions, as well as your vitamins or supplements, with you. During the appointment we will work with you to establish your refill date. We also will provide you and your physician with a summary of your drug list.
Symbolize My Meds
As part of the Simplify My Meds program or on its own, Symbolize My Meds uses words and pictures to make managing your medications easier. After you enroll at the pharmacy, you’ll receive a personalized chart that includes the following for each of your medications:
- The medication name with a matching picture
- What the medication is used for
- Written directions for proper use
- Visual directions to reiterate proper use
- Columns for each time of day to ensure correct administration time
Symbolize My Meds may benefit you if:
- You have trouble reading or understanding the prescription label
- You take multiple medications at various times throughout the day
- Your medications require special administration instructions
How Do I Enroll?
- Make an appointment with one
of our staff members to enroll in
Simplify My Meds.
- Bring all of your prescriptions as
well as your vitamins or
supplements to the appointment.
- Together we will establish your refill date.
- We will provide you and your physician a summary of your drug list.
Another way to simplify your prescription medication regimen is to use RxMap. Prescriptions refilled with RxMap are dispensed in a specialized blister packaging in punch card format rather than in individual vials. As an alternative, different pill box options (weekly and monthly) can be discussed to aid in medication management. The pharmacy staff will be happy to explain the options to you.
The advantages of the program are:
- Multiple medications contained in one easy-to-access compartment
- Medications organized by time of day they should be taken
- Simplification of complex regimens
- Faster and easier administration
- Increased compliance
- Less confusion
This program may benefit you if:
- You have trouble taking the medications out of a prescription vial (difficulty opening the lid, spilling medications)
- You struggle to remember which medications to take at which time of day
- You do not have a caregiver (but would benefit from one) or your caregiver is overwhelmed by the complex medication regimen